Online Certificate Program
NPI offers a distance delivery certificate in nuclear power
plant technology for individuals interested in preparing themselves
for a career in the nuclear industry. This program is open to
individuals with a bachelor's degree in an engineering field as
well as junior or senior-level students majoring in any engineering
Training units leading to a certificate in nuclear power plant
technology are offered via distance education and are delivered
asynchronously with assigned instructors who work with individual
students. All instructors hold Ph.D. degrees in nuclear engineering
and many have joint appointments with both NPI and the Department
of Nuclear Engineering at Texas A&M University, one of the
preeminent nuclear engineering programs in the U.S. The program
content has been designed in coordination with industry to provide
key fundamentals and knowledge with a strong nuclear power plant
To earn a Nuclear Power Plant Technology Certificate,
individuals must successfully complete four training units. Those
who do not complete all four units will still be awarded
certificates of completion for each training unit that they
The Nuclear Power Technology Certificate Program offers
convenient on-line training on the following topics:
- Nuclear Power Plant Fundamentals;
- Nuclear Power Plant Systems: Pressurized Water Reactors or
Boiling Water Reactors;
- Nuclear Power Plant Operations; and
- Human Performance For Nuclear Power Plant Engineers.
These courses have been developed with industry to address
fundamental topics identified in the Institute of Nuclear Power
Operations (INPO) ACAD Guidelines.
The certificate program is designed to be completed in one year.
However, if necessary, an individual can extend the certificate
completion time frame beyond one year.
- Courses provided on-line using the Moodle course management
system and web-based conference capabilities
- Courses are delivered asynchronously with assigned instructors
who work with individual students
Benefits to Individuals
- Enhance engineering degree with nuclear power focus.
- Online delivery fits your schedule.
- Align your skills with national needs.
- Courses taught by faculty with joint appointments at NPI and
the Department of Nuclear Engineering at Texas A&M University,
one of the preeminent nuclear engineering programs in the United
Benefits to Organizations
- Ability to 'Nuclearize' existing engineering degrees.
- Online delivery allows integration with current
- Leverage Texas A&M Nuclear Engineering teaching resources
to grow national capabilities.
- Ensure a highly skilled and knowledgeable workforce.
For more information on this program,
complete a pre-application questionnaire.